Thursday, October 29, 2009

Transitions

I'm starting the process of writing about transitions. This day has been spent reading through my journals which started before I left for Latvia and continued for a few months into my return to St. Louis. I've also sorted through my notes from the Debriefing and Renewal retreat. It's been an emotional day as I've lived through the highs, lows, excitement, hurt, joy and pain of those 3 plus years. But, it's also made me lonely for those days when my walk with the Lord seemed so much more alive and passionate. I long to return to that desire for an deep, intimacy with Jesus, not just a routine, occasionally charged walk. Oh, don't get me wrong. I find the Lord speaking to me and challenging me to grow and mature regularly. It's the need for Him that seems to have changed. That's what happens when I live in America, I think. But, I can't blame it on that. It's me - independent, proud and selfish. And right now, I think the Lord is trying to do a new thing in me. Lord, do it!

I'm back and rambling...your thoughts on transition would be helpful. I'm thinking it might turn into an Officer Magazine article. We'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Evie, I'm glad to see you back blogging. When I read about Latvia, my memories are also enjoyed. Truly those many months spent there were times of a very rich dependence on the Lord.That was a time when I felt that I was exactly where the Lord wanted me to be and I realize it's when we are in that place we are closest to Him. The adjustment back into our usual way of life is good, but difficult in many ways.The people of Latvia get into your heart and will always be there.
While we never met, I feel I know you because I have been praying for you for so many years now. I am now enjoying your stay at the college, with it's new challenges. I often pray you will have the physical strength to keep up with all you are doing. Also that the Lord will inspire you to know His will and to do it.
God Bless you in all you are accomplishing for the kingdom.
With Love,
Wilma

Mitchenstein said...

Great to see you're blogging again, Evie!